Monday, March 28, 2011

Prepare for Takeoff

If I may pat myself on the back for a moment, I'm pretty proud of our latest project around here. We checked out a book from the library called Captain Bob Takes Flight by Roni Schotter. In the story, a little boy named Bob goes on an adventure in his cardboard box airplane. After reading, I saw a vacuum cleaner box in the corner that I had been saving for just such an occasion... We got out the scissors and markers and created a super cool flying machine for Captain Max himself.


Max packs the trunk for the big trip

Lucian promptly unpacks the trunk

"No pictures, please" says the celebrity pilot

It's amazing the hours of fun that can be had using only a cardboard box!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

did Monica ever tell you about the Its Not a Box---book. This so reminds me of it. cute