Monday, March 14, 2011

This & That

There is a design and inspiration blog I've been reading called Oh Joy! that has been my time-waster of choice lately. I love it; she writes about and photographs anything that she finds beautiful... food, clothing, destinations, home decorating. It's like having a favorite magazine that publishes a new page every day! My favorite posts lately have been her "This & That" section, in which she finds two items with completely different purposes and pairs them together because of their shared design quality. Her latest example:

...wear this Trina Turk top, decorate with that mobile from A + R Store...

While I love what she writes, generally everything is totally outside of my life experience. Gourmet restaurant tours, spur-of-the-moment trips to Vegas, these things are fun to read about but not anything that I will probably ever experience first-hand. So I decided to go ahead and modify one of her ideas and share it from a mother's perspective. Here is my take on "This & That"

Wear THIS tomato colored shirt

when feeding THAT marinara sauce on pasta to your 13-month-old


Wear THIS mustard yellow shrug

when allowing your toddler to put THAT condiment on his own hot dog


Wear THIS chocolate brown dress

when melting THAT yummy treat into a sticky, gooey mess for an ice cream topping


Wear THIS cute blue sweater

when pouring THAT blueberry syrup all over pancakes that will inevitably be eaten with fingers instead of utensils


Like I always say, why do laundry when you can just hide the stains? (ok, well, I've never actually said that before, but it's a pretty good rule of life, no?)

1 comment:

lsradecki said...

That's a great idea even if you don't have young kids! Just decide what to eat depending on what you are wearing. Vanilla ice cream or bananas go well with anything white.