Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why my parents are awesome

No, your eyes do not deceive you: After staying overnight at my parents' house on Friday, Max was treated to pirate pancakes!! Check out that ship- my dad is truly a pancake artist.

But really, the pancake picture is just the visual aid to show you how cool my parents are. They watched the boys for all of Friday afternoon and evening, and though we picked up Lucian at night, we didn't see Max until Saturday after lunch! And still he was not even CLOSE to ready to leave. I really think he would be ok not seeing me for weeks if he had Grandma around.

They watched the boys so that we could go out to celebrate Paul's birthday with my brother and his girlfriend... and it was a blast! Dinner was at Eli's -- according to Ben, they serve the best sandwiches you'll ever eat, and after our dinner there I am inclined to agree! Then back at Ben's place, we played Carrom (a game Ben learned in Sri Lanka, something like a tabletop version of pool mixed with shuffleboard), drank some beer, and had a super fun time.

I really do love being so close to my family- it's awesome that Ben and I get to hang out again. And, like I said at the beginning, I have awesome parents who adore their grandkids... I couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments: