Monday, March 7, 2011

This is getting ridiculous

Remember when I wrote this? Well, you should, because it was only a few days ago. Remember how full of hope I sounded, how ready to face this month, with the trials of February behind us?

Sick but smiling!

Welcome, dashed hopes. Both my boys have been laid up with some sort of flu bug since Friday. Main symptoms are fever, cough, and major fatigue. Thankfully, this round of illness actually comes with an increase in sleep for me, since all that the kiddos have been doing is sleeping. Lucian slept ... wait for it ... ten hours straight last night! Granted, he went to bed at 6:00 so that still meant he was up for a snack at 4:00 am. But I'll take it!

Max rallied yesterday, and we thought he was through the worst of it. Actually, he may be- I think he just overdid it a little yesterday because he was feeling so much better, and today he's paying for it. Poor, poor kid... more movies, meals on the couch, staying in his jammies all day. Rough life. But really, I think he's about ready to get his energy back and get back to life as usual- getting out of the house, wreaking some havoc. It's never fun to be sick.

As for me, I will be spending the next week praying and washing my hands. I really, really don't want this bug. However nice it would be to lay on a couch watching movies all day, I doubt that Max and Lucian would decide to cook meals for me and clean up the house while I rested. It just don't work like that around these parts.

If I, or any of my family, happened to breathe on you this weekend, please accept my deepest regrets and apologies. We will not be footing your medical bill, but maybe we'll send you a card.

Next stop, April!

No comments: