Sunday, May 2, 2010

Three short stories to brighten your day

A couple of days ago, Max saw a puppy with a bone on one of Lucian's outfits. It inspired him to pretend that he was a dog, so he barked at me and then asked for a bone to eat. I assured him that he would rather have toast for breakfast than a bone, so after some consideration, he compromised and asked for a "toast bone". Yummy!

Max with his "Toast Bone" and sunhat (which he insisted on wearing inside all day)

Yesterday as we were walking down the stairs to the basement, Max asked me for some "bunny tape". I've never heard of bunny tape, have you? Then he pointed out the duct tape on the landing. "Do you mean Duct Tape, honey?" I asked. Of course! "Duck tape"... he just had the wrong cute little animal.

A duck

Then in the basement, he asked to see something on the shelf across the room. "Wanna see (insert gibberish word here)!" he said. I had no idea what he was asking for. He repeated himself four or five times before he finally marched across the room and pointed at a knick-knack and said, "That thing, right there." Am I already getting attitude from my sweet little two-year-old?

Max with his teddy bear, TeeTee

1 comment:

Monica G. said...

I want BUNNY TAPE and BONE TOAST! What a fun house you live in :) YAY!