Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Brothers


On May 8, Lucian rolled over for the first time! An exciting moment, but oh boy are things about to get interesting. Next it's scooting, then crawling, then walking, then running, then I have two maniacs on my hands! But I am so excited for the days when Max and Lucian can play with each other. I can't tell you how glad I am that they will both have a brother close to their age. I see how close Tony and Ben are and I just can't wait to see my boys' relationship develop.

I always dreamed of a sister- of sharing clothes, telling secrets, doing all kinds of girly things. But alas, it wasn't meant to be... at least I have a really cool mom who is like a sister to me, except with 20-something years of parenting experience and advice.

So each little milestone brings Lucian closer to his brother/future best friend, but it means I'm losing my baby. My days of rocking him to sleep and carrying him everywhere are numbered. Yesterday he started giggling hysterically at the sound of fake sneezes. Giggling!! Not just happy noises, but full-fledged belly jiggling laughter. Next he'll be telling his own jokes!

But I'm not really sad that he's growing up. I'm excited to learn about his personality and see what Max will teach him.

come on little brother, grow!

1 comment:

lsradecki said...

I am very thankful for you too Taryn. You are already a wonderful Mom and it seems to all come so naturally to you. Max and Lucian are very lucky boys-they have each other and a great Mom and Dad!