Thursday, May 27, 2010

Say It Again!


Max is pretty good at pronunciation. He doesn't make many mistakes, except for the occasional missed consonant here and there, and the unavoidable ephelant and pasketti. I guess he takes after me in that way- apparently when I was little, I refused to say any word until I could say it correctly... perfectionist much? Who me??

But today he had a couple of pretty cute slip ups:
"Wanna play wif da gulp glove!"(read: golf club)
and
"Mommy go to da copy chop." (that's 'coffee shop')

I also love noticing how his little brain is soaking up new information like a sponge. His two favorite phrases are "What's that?" and "Say it again!" Sometimes it is the strangest things he wants repeated- like the word 'caterpillar' or 'burp rag'. I don't think I've ever outlasted his requests to "say it again!" It's a battle of wills that I've never won, so I don't know how long he would actually go if I let him.

Today the word was 'baby booties'. I thought I finally beat him after about 20 rounds of "Say it again!" "Baby booties." "Say it again!" "Baby booties." "Say it again!" "Baby booties." Then suddenly he started asking me about a picture of cowboy boots on the page... wait a minute, did I do it? Did I actually satisfy his request to hear the words "baby booties"? Ha. After about a minute talking about cowboy boots, he requested that I "Say 'baby booties' again!" and it went on for another 20 rounds or so, until I finally got tired of it and distracted him with something else. His perfect record remains unbroken.

No comments: