Thursday, May 27, 2010

Achoo!

All four of us came down with nasty colds a few days ago. Take the fact that no one sleeps well with a cold and multiply that by 4... that's what we got last night. Max was up every few hours crying because he was miserable, and both Paul and I were tossing and turning. Lucian actually slept pretty well, except for the fact that he was up at 6:30. Max woke up soon after, and whined and fussed for a good hour until he got distracted by his cool car ramp that Great Auntie Linda said was a must-have garage sale purchase (Good call!).

Everyone was feeling so miserable this morning that I decided to get out into the fresh air to see if that would help. We packed up into the stroller to take a walk around the neighborhood, armed with water and lots of tissues. It seemed like every ten feet I would hear a sneeze and stop to check for a runny nose... we made it through those tissues super fast!

I guess it was good to get out of the house, but combining the kids' sneezes with my body aches made it less-than-usually enjoyable. Let's just say I was relieved to get back home and flop on the couch until lunch.

I decided to write a new law of nature. It is hereby illegal for two parents to get sick at the same time as their children. It's hard enough taking care of sick kids when I'm healthy, but when all I want to do is lay down and sleep, it seems near impossible at times! Although, come to think of it, taking care of a super healthy, super energetic Max wouldn't really be any easier right now.

Ok, I'm going to amend my law: It is hereby illegal for parents to ever get sick! It's just too hard to take care of someone else when you can barely take care of yourself.

All in favor?
Aye

All opposed?
....
Didn't think so.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Wait a minute...is Lucian already sleeping through the night??! Bless him...

Taryn said...

Haha, I should have clarified. Lucian woke up for good at 6:30, but he still woke up two times during the night to eat, as usual. Don't worry, we still have a normal baby!

Maureen said...

AYE

Catherine said...

Well if you are up two times in the night anyhow, would you mind taking Alexander ;) It seemed like forever until he wasn't waking every 2 hours! We are lucky if it's only two times in the night :) See you soon!