Friday, July 30, 2010

A Sticky Mess


After grilling out one evening, Paul decided to sharpen some sticks for roasting marshmallows. Super fun! While he prepared the sticks and I sat around (like I've been doing a lot lately), Max made his way to his favorite spot in the yard- the mud under the steps. When the marshmallows were ready to be roasted, he emerged looking like a homeless waif.

"Please, sir, I want some more."

I don't think this picture does justice to the volume of mud that was smeared on his face, hands, feet, shirt, and even in his hair! Oh well, let's just add another layer of mess to our already grimy little boy. Sticky, gooey globs of sugar, anyone?


Max thoroughly enjoyed his experience, at one point exclaiming, "I hotted a marshmallow!"

1 comment:

megan said...

hahaha that is so funny. our very own oliver! he is such a goof