Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Choo Choo!

photo from Choo Choo Bob's website

Thanks to my friend Bee, we discovered an awesome new way to beat the heat in St. Paul: Choo Choo Bob's Train Store! The humidity has been killer here; even just standing outside turns a person instantly into a soggy mess. I'm not one for sweating unless it's intentional (i.e. exercise, which happens so rarely it's barely worth mentioning). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being outside, but going to the park on days like this just doesn't sound appealing.

So. We decided to check out this little shop off of Marshall Avenue near St. Thomas. Choo Choo Bob's sells accessories for model train enthusiasts as well as all kinds of childrens train toys. But we bypassed the merchandise and made straight for the wooden train tables at the back of the store. There Max played for almost two hours! I can't think of the last thing that's kept him entertained that long. And I got to chill in the air conditioning with Lucian instead of trying to find that one little piece of shade by a playground.

Love it!

No comments: