Monday, July 12, 2010

Pain, Pain, Go Away

Some of you know, but many of you may not know, that I've been dealing with intense, painful attacks in my back for the past couple of years- ever since Max was born. They don't happen often, so I've never really taken the time to figure out what was going on until it happened at the 50th anniversary celebration this summer.

Both my Grandma and Catherine knew exactly what it was the minute they saw me in pain. They said I needed to have an ultrasound to check for gallstones. Never in a million years would I have made the connection, but sure enough, the ultrasound showed "lots" of gallstones (that was the technical terminology used by the doctor) so I was referred to a surgeon and have scheduled a surgery to get my gallbladder removed July 23.

Last night I had what I hope will be my last gallbladder attack ever. It took two and a half years, but finally it's going to be over! Apparently gallstones are extremely common in pregnant and post-pregnant women, and people who lose a lot of weight quickly- hmmm... check, and check.

I would appreciate your prayers, as I'm not exactly excited about this whole surgery thing... but it's better than the alternative. So if you could, please remember me on Friday, July 23 as I go under the knife. Recovery is supposed to be relatively quick, but I'll update you when I can.

St. Luke, Pray for us!

1 comment:

megan said...

I'm Praying for you!!!