Thursday, September 2, 2010

Four Years!

Four years have gone by in the blink of an eye. I remember thinking on our wedding day that it was the best day of my life, but I know now that it was just the beginning of a long succession of "best days". Yes, there have been bad days and good days; sharing a life with someone, and bringing new life into the world, is hard. But never have I once wanted to go back. Speaking from my experience- and from the experience of several close friends- there is a profound sense of peace that comes with entering your vocation, whatever that vocation is. There is still the daily question, "Am I doing what God wants me to do?" in the specifics of daily life, but no more do I have to wonder where God is calling me. On my wedding day, I knew the answer with certainty.

I write a lot about my children, but today I am remembering that my calling is first and foremost to serve my husband (and to allow him to serve me). I want to raise up our children to know how much their parents love each other.

Happy anniversary, my Love!

1 comment:

Monica G. said...

Oh Man! I missed your anniversary! I hope it was awesome. 4 years already... AMAZING. you are an amazing couple and an inspiration. Love you bunches!