Thursday, February 3, 2011

Toothless Wonder


I've been putting off posting about this topic, because I keep thinking I'll have actual news to report. But the months keep slipping away, and still... no teeth on the Lucian front. Every time he's had a fussy spell since he was about 2 months old, I've blamed it on teething. "I'm sure we'll be seeing something in a few days!" I've said over and over... and over... and over again.

We had his one year checkup this week- everything looks great! Then the doctor peeked in his mouth and said, "What? Not one tooth??" He assured me there's nothing to worry about, some kids only have their bottom two at 18 months. Well, at this rate, we may not even make that cut-off!

So I come to my announcement (fully ready to eat my words) that I really believe Lucian is teething! He's had all kinds of classic teething symptoms (as if that hasn't happened before), he gnaws on everything, and just seems generally uncomfortable. Plus, I swear I can feel little bumps on his bottom gums. I know at least a handful of you are laughing at me, because you've heard those same words so many times before... but if I keep saying it, one of these times it has to be true! ...Right?

2 comments:

Monica G. said...

Awww. this is a perfect picture... and did I mention yet that he is starting to look like Max?

Maureen said...

You know for sure when he bites you