Friday, May 27, 2011

Pontifical Pursuit, the answers


Sorry for the delay in posting answers to my trivia game! Truth is, I completely forgot. I'm sure you've all been waiting with baited breath... today, finally, your wait is over. Here are the answers to (dun-dada-DUN!) Pontifical Pursuit!

1. This Italian doctor and mother, beatified by Pope John Paul II, chose to save the life of her unborn child at the risk of her own life.
A: St. Gianna Molla

2. To the closest whole number, how many trips to the moon and back could Pope John Paul have taken with the number of miles he traveled as Pope?
A: 2.5 (I would have accepted 2 or 3)

3. How many saints did Pope John Paul beatify: 200, 700, 1300, 2100?
A: 1300 (more than all previous popes combined!)

4. What Latin phrase did Pope John Paul use to describe his devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary?
A: Totus Tuus (Meaning "Totally Yours")

5. Name six languages Pope John Paul II could speak fluently?
A: Among others (I lost my list...) Polish, Latin, Italian, French, German, English, Spanish, Croatian, Portuguese, and Russian.

6. What was Pope John Paul’s favorite movie?
A: Life is Beautiful (If you haven't seen it, go watch it. Now. Blessed JPII told me to tell you that.)

7. Which one of these four items does Vatican City make on its own for the Vatican household: Beer, Honey, Perfume, Butter?
A: Honey (yes, they have their own beehives. Apparently they decided to leave beer brewing to the Monks)

And the winner is... (drumroll, please)... A TIE between Megan and Maureen, with 3 correct out of 7! You've won... Carl Kasell's voice on your home answering machine! (Anybody else listen to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR? No? Darn, wasted that joke...)

Honorable mention goes to Holly for saying nice things about my boys. That will always earn you extra points in my book (we really need to get together soon!)

Thank you all for playing Pontifical Pursuit. Stay tuned, maybe I'll have a real prize next time!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Woot! Honorable mention! (does quasi-victory dance)

megan said...

woohoo! I know my stuff...kinda. 3 out of 7 is still failing, but hey ill take the points.