Monday, May 2, 2011

He Is Risen!


"Just as the sun’s rays in springtime cause the buds on the branches of the trees to sprout and open up, so the radiance that streams forth from Christ’s resurrection gives strength and meaning to every human hope, to every expectation, wish and plan." -Pope Benedict XVI Easter Message

What a beautiful Easter celebration we had this year! If only we had the ability to be in many places at once so we could have spent the holiday with everyone we love, it would have been the perfect day. (Liam, we were thinking of you!! But we'll see you really soon!) I know I'm a week late on posting these pictures, but time just got away from me. I hope they were worth the wait!

The kids woke up and got dressed as soon as they scarfed down breakfast- then outside we all tumbled for an Easter basket hunt! Louie was a sight to see when he discovered the contents of his Easter eggs; I don't think we could have pried them from his hands as he opened one after another, stuffing his face with jelly beans and M&M's.

Max quickly located his basket in the top of his jungle gym. I think we could have left the two of them alone with their spoils for the rest of the day and they would have been perfectly happy. But the fun was just beginning!

After the hunt, we made our way down to Grandma and Grandpa's house, where the kids were greeted by Grandparents, Great Grandparents, more sweets and an Easter Egg hunt! They had a great time hunting down their eggs in the backyard while we basked in the sun on a gorgeous April day.

Then the rest of the family began to show up and we feasted until we were absolutely stuffed. Do you want the menu? I thought so.

Roast Turkey
Glazed Ham
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Scalloped Corn
Green Beans
Walnut Craisin Salad
Dinner Rolls
(did I forget anything?)

And for dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake and Apple Pie! (I didn't even get to the apple pie, I was so over-full... but nothing can keep me away from a cheesecake!)

While we digested, we played various games- Buck Euchre for some, Telephone Pictionary for others, Couch Basketball for the rest (ever played that one? It involves sitting on the couch and watching basketball on TV. Very strenuous.)

As the food/sugar comas began to set in, people started to clear out and head home to nap. The kids were wired and going strong, but I could barely keep my eyes open. We were the last to leave, and thankfully the boys' sugar buzz wore off by the time we got home so we could all crash for the night.

Happy Easter to all! Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!




No comments: