Monday, May 23, 2011

My Little Artist

I'm going to take a moment to brag about my son, because I can.
The coloring page shown below was the inspiration for a work of art that Max just completed. He took a glance at this picture (an illustration of Jesus' analogy of the Vine and the Branches from Brother Francis Online), and decided he wanted to draw it on his own.


This is the first time I've seen Max try to recreate a picture, and I was pretty impressed with the result! It might need some interpretation, but it's all there:


The purple circles are, of course, the grapes. The lines coming from the grapes are the arms, the scribbles are the grape's hands, and the brown line from the arm to the vine stem is the saw. If you look closely, you can even see the big grape's face!
I solemnly swear that I did not alter, tamper with, or aid in the creation of this drawing in any way. I guess I have no clue what's developmentally normal for his age, but I was totally blown away! Up until now, he's drawn nothing but scribbles... and then suddenly this!
Let's all pause for a proud Mommy moment.

No comments: