Friday, August 6, 2010

Bedtime Stories

Each evening, after prayers, we have been reading a chapter from The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh. I loved the old Pooh movies growing up, but I never read the actual A.A. Milne stories... at least not that I remember. I had no idea how funny they were- Paul and I laugh out loud at Eeyore's cynical sarcasm, Baby Roo's non-stop chatter, and the misadventures of Pooh and Piglet.

Throughout our reading, Max has started to call himself Roo. Fitting, in more ways than one! Max's new found favorite thing to do is jump- on the ground, off of steps, into the water, anything! That in combination with the way he narrates nearly everything he does makes him a perfect Roo! (While playing Pooh Sticks, Roo waits for his stick to come into view: "'I can see mine!' cried Roo. 'No, I can't, it's something else. Can you see yours, Piglet? I thought I could see mine, but I couldn't. There it is! No, it isn't. Can you see yours, Pooh? I expect my stick's stuck. Rabbit, my stick's stuck. Is your stick stuck, Piglet?'")

Now we've come to the end, and we're looking for suggestions of a new bedtime story for Max. Any ideas? Maybe we'll just start over and enjoy the adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh again!

Our little Roo, in midair

1 comment:

megan said...

the miraculous journey of edward tulane is a great story...kind of peter rabbitish