Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Circus Clown and the Monkey


We were walking through the park yesterday when Max saw a low-hanging branch on a nearby tree. "Macky wanna hang! Macky wanna be a monkey!" he exclaimed. So Paul proceeded to lift him up so he could hang like a monkey from the tree, complete with sound effects and all.

This story sums up how I know that Max and his uncle Liam will be such good buddies as they grow up. Not because Liam is a monkey (well...maybe) but because they both have the same love of life, and they don't let anything stand in their way. I was going to wait to write this post until I had my own sweet action shot of Liam on his unicycle (one that I didn't steal from my in-laws), but being that he just had a birthday, plus the fact that Max has asked me every day for the last two weeks if we can go "see Uncle Liam at Rapid City", I figured it was about time to tell the world about Liam the Magnificent.


It would not surprise me a bit if Liam either became a priest or ran off to join the circus... he has that much personality. The first time I ever met Liam at St. Mary's parents weekend, he was three years old. He ran into Paul's dorm room, threw a football at me and proceeded to tackle me to the ground. It was love at first sight. In fact, he and Paul had an ongoing argument for the next two years about whose girlfriend I really was... an argument that only came to an end when he was the ring bearer at our wedding!


Now six years later (six!!) I see in Max that same sparkling, gregarious personality, and I couldn't be prouder. Yes I may have my hands full, but if he turns out like his Uncle Liam, I have no worries for his future.


Maybe they can join the circus together!

1 comment:

megan said...

i totally forgot about liam thinking you were his girlfriend! it brings back some silly memories. i love the picture with liam and max together.