Friday, February 3, 2012

Out of the Woods


Deeeeep breath...

The sneezing has finally settled to a dull roar, and I'm no longer frantically diving for a tissue every five minutes. Beginning on Lucian's birthday, the boys have been dealing with the worst cold I have ever seen! We've barely left the house in days, as the cold transitioned from low fever to sneezing to hacking. The cough is still working its way out, but the fevers are gone, the noses are (mostly) clear, and my boys have bright eyes again!

Being basically homebound and dealing with the uber-crabbiness that comes along with illness has made this the longest week that I can remember. Praise God it's Friday! We actually did get out of the house to the library today, but of course Max had a coughing fit right in some kid's face after we'd been there for 15 minutes. I, of course, was mortified, but thankfully the mom just said, "Oh, that's no fun. We just got over that cold in our house... at least I hope it's the same one!" It could have been worse.

So here's to a healthy weekend, one in which I can regenerate my stores of patience that were utterly depleted this week.

No comments: