Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baby Girl!!

Much to our (and everyone's) surprise, we found out last week that we are going to have a girl! Max has been right all along, unwavering in his certainty since the day we told him he was gaining another sibling. I know, it's really 50/50 no matter what our history is, but after four grandsons in a row it was starting to look like Grandma might never be able to buy little pink dresses. 

Now it's all going to change. My mom and aunt are already planning their summer garage sale trips, with a whole new world of possibilities ahead of them. No offense to Max or Lucian, but it sure is going to be more fun to go clothes shopping for a little girl! 

Before we found out, many people asked me if I was hoping for a boy or girl. I've never been sure what I think of that question in general, because to me it sounds as if one gender would make me happier, or that I would have been disappointed with a certain result. However, I did know that my reaction to the news would be very different depending on what we heard. Had it been another boy, the excitement would involve visions of him tumbling around the house with his two big brothers, being the proud mom of three handsome young men, and oh, having an immediate use for those bins upon bins of clothing in the basement.

But (sigh) a girl... now my mind can wander freely to daydreams of tea parties, horses, ribbons and bows, dance class, and no longer being the only girl in our house! My only hope is that she has more hair than her brothers, or I'll be taping bows to her head for years to come! 

Profile shot- isn't she adorable?
Look at those perfectly formed legs and feet!




No comments: