Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hop To It


The day finally arrived- we harvested Paul's hops! Max was a big help, taking the buds off of each vine and putting them in his very own brown paper bag. He even made up songs to entertain us while we worked: "Buds are my favorite thing to drink! Buds are my favorite thing to drink!" and "We're going to make beeeer with our hops!" and so on and so forth. I wonder what our neighbors thought?

We had a great season this year, harvesting almost as many hops from one vine as Paul got from all four last year. And they smell soooooo good. I can't wait to taste brews that come from this crop! We'll have to invite you over for a cold one when it's ready.

Cheers!


4 comments:

megan said...

what is it with yantes family children loving alcohol so much?

Anonymous said...

It has nothing to do with how they were brought up ;)

Anonymous said...

OK I am not anonymous but I am sure it has nothing to do with your upbringing

Taryn said...

Thanks, Maureen. I'm sure you'll eventually figure out how to leave a comment :-) :-)