Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Colors

We decided on Saturday to venture out into the bluffs for a beautiful fall hike and to capture some moments on film. Paul brought his tripod and camera, we put Louie in the backpack and off we went! Although Lucian was in a terrible mood the moment we hit the trail, we managed to get a few keepers.


We've done this hike many times since moving into our home, but we actually discovered a new trail this time! It lead down a steep, root-covered hill to the ruins of an old brick oven. At least that's what I think it was. Max is convinced it was a castle. At any rate, it made for some great photos of my two princes.




Sometimes, the sweetest moments come when they're not even looking at the camera
"Live Life."



I know. I know!



We definitely stole this idea from The SD Daniels



So, even though I just ranted about having no good pictures of the two boys, I realize that I might have over-exaggerated. Now that I look at these again, I'm falling in love. I don't need a posed photo of them sitting perfectly still with huge smiles, when does that ever happen in real life? Real life is climbing on rocks and throwing leaves in the air. Real life doesn't stop for a photo op.

3 comments:

Ruby Qualm said...

I love the fall attire. What a great time of year to take pictures!

megan said...

these are awesome pictures! i can't believe how big they are getting without me! you just need to come visit me...the end

Anonymous said...

I had not been on your blog for a while - what awesome pictures!
Dad