Monday, November 1, 2010

Slow Down


We have recently recovered from a bout of some nasty stomach bug, starting with me and then hitting Max, Paul and Lucian simultaneously. Thankfully, we were all recovered in time to go trick-or-treating (pictures coming! I promise!), and the symptoms were of fairly short duration. But, oh goodness, it was not fun.

I'll spare you the details and skip right to the end, when Max was getting back to his usual self. The morning after the worst of it, Max was very hungry and thirsty. He hadn't eaten any solid food since the previous breakfast and he was ready for something good!

First thing in the morning, he said to me, "I would like some toast with peanut butter and jelly."

"Max, honey," I responded, "You've been pretty sick. We should probably start slow."

Very deliberately, he responded, "... I ... would ... like ... some ... toast ... with ... peanut ... butter ... and ... jelly."

I attempted to contain my hysterical laughter and got him his toast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a good belly laugh over that one! That silly max. He sure is a character!

S Smo

Maureen said...

I......just.....want.....to....HUG....that....boy. What a riot