Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

I'm not a huge Halloween fanatic. I don't like scary things in general, especially in the ghost/goblin/ghoul category. They make me very nervous.

But I love a kid in costume. And I love sugar.

So we had a great time celebrating the lighter side of Halloween, trick-or-treating with Grandma (Elmo) and Grandpa (Clown). Max and Lucian went as a Lion and a Lamb (yes, the double meaning was purposeful- Biblical imagery PLUS the costumes fit their little personalities so well!) Max took in quite a haul, even more than expected because people kept dumping extra candy into his bucket for his "little sister"! No, it didn't occur to me that a little baby in a lamb costume would be assumed to be a girl. Oh well, no harm done!




But even more exciting than the candy (at least for me) was Lucian's new accomplishment. He made forward progress! And get this: his very first movements forward took him directly toward Max's candy pile! Nothing like a big heap of sugar and brightly colored wrappings to get a kid moving.

But Max guarded his stash with his life, so no candy was harmed in the moving of this baby!

Happy sugar buzz, everyone!

2 comments:

megan said...

you have the cutest kids ever!!! i LOVE the costumes!!i miss my nephews :(

Jessica said...

Way to go Lucian! Now that's what I call motivation! ;)