Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys


This summer, I found a steal of a deal at a garage sale: a solid wood dollhouse, complete with furniture and cloth dolls, all for $10. I couldn't pass it up. I made Paul lug it home and set it up on our (newly painted... pictures to come!) front porch. Max loved it! He plays make-believe with anything he can find; currently, the "people" in his games are wine corks stolen from my friend Lindsay's wedding. But now he has real people, real dolls to use...if he wants to.

I left him alone with the dollhouse for awhile, then came back to eavesdrop. And you can probably guess what I heard. "Yarrr, matey! Walk the plank!" His dollhouse had become a "pirate castle" within seconds of owning it! I love it. My son will turn anything into pirate paraphernalia.

Since the first days of the pirate castle, his interest in the dollhouse has ebbed and flowed, Now sometimes it's a pirate castle, sometimes it's just a cool tiny house with tiny furniture. Can you guess what his two favorite pieces of furniture are?

Yep.

The grill and the toilet.

Boys will be boys.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

lol I love it!!!