Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Hear Music

Thanks to everyone who made it out to see our show on Sunday night! We had such a great time, and I hope you all enjoyed it too. Hopefully we will be playing more in the near future, and I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks especially to my book club chicas (Angela, Karen, Catherine) who chose coming out late on a Sunday over getting enough sleep... it really meant a lot to me that you were there.

And an extra special thank you to Sara- without her, Paul would have been at home with the kids instead of at the show! He was really glad to be able to make it, and I was SO glad to have him there. He even bought a rose for me from a street flower salesman who happened to wander into the restaurant when we were done playing. So sweet!

Even with a few little hiccups (no one told the workers we were supposed to play at 9, they weren't expecting us until 10! And no one could find the sound guy...) things went pretty smoothly. I definitely got the jitters more than I ever have for a show before, but I'm blaming it on the fact that I've never played this music for a crowd this big and this full of talented musicians, including another violinist. Pressure! Oh, and speaking of talented musicians, Joe from the Okee Dokee brothers happened to be there too. Double pressure! But as always, once we started playing, we got lost in the music and had a blast.

It's exciting to feel like a musician again after a few years of my violin (and vocal chords) collecting dust, and I'm looking forward to getting out there more. It's pretty cool to have a super gifted brother who can sit down and write an amazing song in one sitting... and who wants to share the stage with me! We're still on the lookout for a band name; all suggestions will be considered, most will be tactfully shot down... but you never know when that perfect one will come along!

Again, thanks to those of you who gave us a listen- I truly hope you liked what you heard.

2 comments:

Monica G. said...

Band name suggestion 1: Coriander
Band name suggestion 2: Baryn (combo of Ben and Taryn)

Uh, that's all I got for now. I'll send more your way if i think of 'em!

lsradecki said...

Taryn, It's time to consider the fact that you are as talented (if not more) then any of the other musicians that were there that night:)

Band name suggestion: Cider and Wine

#2 One Step Up
#3 Codellba (or any other combination of Belle, Cody and Sheba