Friday, January 28, 2011

Perfection


Max's second-favorite music group is the Laurie Berkner Band. I have to admit, while she's not quite as easy on the ears as the Okee Dokee Brothers, I often find myself singing along to her music- and she definitely knows what a toddler likes! Among Max's top picks are "Rocketship Run", "We Are the Dinosaurs", and "I Really Love To Dance". Talk about a few of his favorite things!

But recently, his love for Laurie has gone deeper than her music; she has found a special place in his heart. We were listening to her CD one day and I asked Max whether he liked Laurie Berkner (meaning the music). He answered, "Yeah... she's a really nice guy." (Hmm ... I didn't know they had met!)

Then yesterday, her song titled "I'm Not Perfect" came on. The first verse goes like this:

"I'm not perfect, no I'm not
I'm not perfect, but I've got what I've got
I do my very best, I do my very best
I do my very best each day
But I'm not perfect,
And I hope you like me that way"

As the verse ended, Max looked questioningly up at me and commented, "But Laurie Berkner is perfect!"

No comments: