Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's the little things

Today, Lucian spit up massively just as I was leaning over to pick something up, thus splattering the wood floor with what would have otherwise gone straight onto my sweater and jeans. A load of laundry traded for a simple paper towel wipe-up: if that's not something to be thankful for, I don't know what is.

Some days, I find myself in awe of the Creator, pondering high and lofty thoughts about the meaning of life ... and some days a puddle of spit-up on the floor is what makes me think of God. He didn't cause the spit-up to fall, and He didn't directly intervene to change its trajectory, but he created my adorable, messy child... and today he used puke to remind me to be thankful.

3 comments:

megan said...

hehehe i love it!

Catherine said...

be thankful it was just once :) alexander would do that so often that when i didn't hear the splatter on the floor, i was wondering what was wrong!!

Monica G. said...

This is a super cute picture of Lucian. He looks so pensive, and a bit concerned. What a cutie :)