Friday, January 21, 2011

Praying Pirate


True to form, Max has worn his pirate hat for the past week... pretty much all the time. He even wore it to The Blast on Tuesday! Remembering that the play area has a space theme, he was eager to exclaim to several unsuspecting moms that he was, for the moment, "an astronaut pirate!"

A few days ago, as we gathered for night time prayers, Max was still wearing the hat. Paul gently informed him that even pirates take off their hats when they pray. So Max set his hat on the floor and began. I was not ready for what followed.

"In the name of the Fatherrrrr, and of the Son! And of the Holeeee Spirit!" he proclaimed in his very best growly pirate voice. "Our Fatherrrr, who arrrrt in heavennnn..."

I had to feign a coughing fit so that Max wouldn't know I was laughing through prayers. Instead of chiming in quietly at the end of each prayer, as per usual, he prayed every word with heart and gusto.

"God bless Mommeeeeee! And Daddeeeeee! And Max and Luciannnnn..."

I was barely able to hold it together. No, I take it back. I did not hold it together. If not for Paul, prayer time would have totally fallen apart. I had tears in my eyes from trying to stifle my giggles. Thanks, honey, for being a stronger person than me.

4 comments:

lsradecki said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

Monica G. said...

I want to hear the Max Salty pirate voice :) HAHAH. He's probably going to kill you later for that picture you posted too... ;)

Taryn said...

After a little thought, we came to a family consensus to replace the aforementioned photo. Although it was hilarious, I do want Max to still speak to me when he's a teenager. If you missed out, let me know... I'll see what I can do!

Maureen said...

I missed out---I think I need to see the picture