Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Help, thy name is Megan

Paul's sister Megan is currently attending Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina, and this is the second year that she has flown to Minneapolis to stay with us en route to South Dakota for Christmas.

It... is... awesome.


She has this uncanny ability to know exactly what needs to be done and when it needs to be done, in order to save me from the greatest amount of stress possible. Sometimes it's dishes, sometimes it's cleaning out the toy corner, sometimes it's playing with Max so I can do those things. She just knows. Our house has been cleaner since she got here than it ever has been for a five-day stretch! Honestly, I could just sit on the couch all day and things would run more smoothly than they do when I'm here alone with the boys.


She has done crafts with Max, baked with him, become best buds with Lucian, gone shopping with me, watched the kids so Paul and I could shop for stocking stuffers... I want to hire her as a nanny! Plus I've had the added benefit of having someone to converse with all day when I usually speak only toddler between the hours of 7 and 4.


Megan had the option of leaving a day early to get back to Rapid to help out the family with World Youth Day fundraising... but I didn't let her go. I'm really sorry, Maureen, but I'm enjoying having her here just a little too much to let her leave early (plus I'm looking forward to having another set of hands to help out on the car ride!!)

The boys are going to really miss Auntie Meggie when she leaves... but not nearly as much as I will!

No comments: