Monday, December 13, 2010

Goose or Gray Duck?

I will be blogging soon about the many awesome holiday get-togethers we've been enjoying recently, but I've had something weighing heavy on my heart lately that I need to ask.

Max was born in South Dakota, where (like the rest of the country) the popular children's game is called "Duck Duck Goose". However, when we uprooted him to the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes, he entered "Duck Duck Gray Duck" territory. Now, I was raised a Minnesotan, but after three years of ridicule by my husband and the youth at my parish, I converted (at least publicly) to Goose-ism.

But what to do now?? We are back in Minnesota, and all the kids will be playing Duck Duck Gray Duck. Do we stick to our (ahem, Paul's) convictions or go with the locals?

I'd love some input. This is a big deal.

Even Max is taking this very seriously

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Grey Duck, Grey Duck, GREY DUCK!!!!! :)

Maureen said...

NO problem--Just tell Max that since he was born in SD and lives in Minn. he is so lucky to know 2 ways to play the game and if he is pretending to be in SD he can play duck, duck, goose and when he is playing in MN he can do duck, duck grey duck--and he can teach every one else both ways so they can be as smart as he is :) However I think we should invent a whole new game duck, duck, FOX and watch the feathers really fly.

Ruby Qualm said...

"When in Rome...."