Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

We're in that weird, unpredictable time of year when we may need to wear jeans and a sweater in the morning, but by mid-afternoon we're sweating in a t-shirt and sandals! It's hard to plan too far in advance, because it's uncertain whether we'll be greeted by a sunny, cloudless day or a torrential downpour... (or a snowstorm?)

Flowers!
This is a little bit how I'm feeling right now about my pregnancy. Both of my boys were born around two weeks early, but both times the doctors were shocked that I made it that far. My body is handling the pregnancy better than ever this time, so right now it looks as if I could make it all the way to my due date! But who knows what will happen in the coming weeks... Baby Girl might decide to grace us with her presence long before she's scheduled to arrive. So that put us in the ballpark of "sometime in June", and it makes spring/summer planning a little difficult! Do we RSVP 'yes' to a wedding when our baby may be anywhere from two weeks to two months old? Do I sign Max up for summer activities that begin the week of my due date? Do I need to worry about my husband being out of town when I'm 5 weeks from my due date? So much uncertainty...

Tee Ball!
For the most part, I've decided to wing it. We're making decisions as they work best for our family, and we'll make them work whether I'm 40 weeks pregnant, in the hospital, or nursing a newborn! We signed Max up for Tee Ball, and we are putting him in Cat. Chat Vacation Bible School at our church. Paul is going to his sister's graduation, but the boys and I will stay with my parents in case of baby emergency. The wedding? I found out we don't have to RSVP until the end of June, so we can actually make an informed decision! PLUS (and this is a huge plus), Paul's sister Megan is living with us this summer! Not that I am planning her nanny duties or anything (well... maybe just a little...), but it sure helps in this time of uncertainty to know there will be an extra set of hands around the house if needed.

Dirt!
 It's looking to be a fun and eventful spring and summer! The one certainty we have is that we will be welcoming a new little one, and no matter what we have planned, I have a feeling that time will stop when her time comes!

1 comment:

megan said...

I cannot wait to do whatever you need me to do this summer!! I am so excited! so as for nanny duties, plan away!!