Saturday, January 28, 2012

Two Cute



My little baby boy just turned two! Poor kid, he was sick with a fever on his birthday, but you wouldn't know it from the pictures. I think our simple celebration with my mom was just enough (but not too much) excitement. Grandma came in the afternoon with an armful of presents, and we tore into those before dinner! Max was a very helpful big brother, offering to assist in opening gifts and playing with the new toys. I mean, come on, what two year old can handle this much fun at one time? 

  

Lucian was interested in every toy but his new sit 'n' spin... as soon as we set him on it, he informed us that he was "all done!" So Max took over the job of breaking it in.


 After presents, we sat down to dinner. Since Lucian has no favorite foods (besides mac 'n' cheese), I made beef stew because I like it. Then Paul made an amazing dessert- a double-layered German pancake with blueberry syrup inside and powdered sugar on top. It ... was... incredible. And the great thing is, it can double as a breakfast food! It has officially been added to the future brunch lineup.

He looks sad, but he was actually just practicing blowing out the candles!
Louie mustered the strength to blow out his candles, then he cuddled in Grandma's arms for the rest of the evening. Even though he was feeling awful, everything was right in the world when snuggling with Grandma! And what a trooper, he stayed awake almost until his normal bedtime even though he could barely move. I guess even when you're sick, you don't want your birthday to end.


Happy birthday, little man. I can't believe it's been two whole years already! On the other hand... I can barely remember life without you. Thank you for bringing me so much joy!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a trooper. I can't wait for brunch at your house :)