Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh Joy

Today I'm thinking about joy. Do you know what brings me joy?

Surprise flowers from my husband, delivered to me by my youngest son while I'm napping in bed.

Watching my bleary-eyed boys wander down the stairs for "morning snuggle time" on the couch.

Max telling me, "You're pretty" when my hair looks like a rat's nest and I'm laying around in sweatpants. 

Seeing a little black-and-white flutter on the ultrasound monitor that means the little baby I'm carrying has a strong, healthy heartbeat!

There's Baby- the little white blotch within the black eggplant-shaped thing
Yes, that's right, Paul and I have been blessed to assist in the creation of another amazing, unique human being- our Baby Number Three! We couldn't be more thrilled. As you can probably tell from the scenarios above, my joy as of late has been of the quiet, sleepy variety... but it is joy nonetheless! We'll be welcoming Baby sometime around June 19, which will be a completely new experience for us. A summer baby? You mean we won't need a snowsuit and three blankets to come home from the hospital? 

I ask you to keep our family in your prayers, that this pregnancy continues on as uneventfully as possible. Our babies have had a tendency to want to come into the world a little too soon, but with the help of wonderful doctors, we've delivered two healthy, nearly full-term boys. I know that my amazing doctor at Aalfa Family Clinic will be watching us like a hawk as we approach 27 weeks, and I trust that God's hand will guide us through every step of the way.  

I hope that you will share in our joy, we have so much to celebrate. God is so good to us!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations!!!

Monica G. said...

YAYAY! You know, if you have a girl, you're going to have to rename your blog... :)

Taryn said...

Haha, yeah Monica, I thought about that when I originally named the blog, but I figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it... and now we may have come to it! Put your thinking hat on, I'll be taking suggestions.

Rick said...

I think your blog name can just be expanded, like "My Beamish Boys & Galumphing Girl(s)".

It goes along with your 'theme' and you can keep your blog at the same URL.